Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"The Pitcher"


 

"So how do you see the glass, half empty or half full?" one man asked while he contemplated the tumbler of water on his desk.

"Neither," a second man, sitting at the desk to the first man's right, replied. "All I know is that, either way, I have to pour water out of my pitcher to fill it up. And every time you have some sort of existential crisis, I have to take time out of my day to deal with it. So how about instead of contemplating all the deep and meaningful parts of life this morning, you finish up your drink and get back to work?"

Eyebrows raised, the first man took a sip of his beverage and set the glass back down, gently, because the second man's glass, or pitcher, as it was, was obviously sitting on the edge of a terribly steep drop, and in no way did he want to disturb it.

No comments:

Post a Comment